Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
Who Can Register to Vote?
Requirements for registering to vote in Oneida County:
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- You live in Oneida County
- You’ll be at least 18 years old before or on election day
- You’re not in prison or on parole for a felony
- A court has not found you to be mentally incompetent
When Should I Update My Registration?
You’ll need to update your registration when:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party preference
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
The process to update your registration is the same as the process to register for the first time. You can update your registration online or by mail.
Deadline to Register or Update Your Registration
In New York, the deadline to register to vote is 10 days before election day.